Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Taste of Life With Minnie


We were mere strangers when we first came to Malaysia and became housemates. I've seen her before in the halls of AMEX but I only knew her by face. We had a common friend that Minnie would often tease. Something that I would always find very funny because she had a knack of pissing my friend off. Later did I realize that it was her forte.

Come July 22, 2006, Minnie arrived at our condo's doorstep. At first I thought we wouldn't get along. Little did I know, we have a lot of things in common, particularly our passion for food. We both love to eat and try out new dishes here, in the malls... everywhere we go. Our mall itinerary would not be complete without a little side trip to the nearest food stand. As months went by and we grew bigger... literally of course... we'd convince ourselves that it was due to the washing machine that our clothes got SMALLER. (We still believe this lie to this day of course :p)

Aside from food, Minnie and I both come from close knit families. You could often hear her tell stories of her Mom, her brothers, her 'pasaway' sister (which we both have... hehehe)... and most especially her son, Kyle. When Minnie talks about Kyle... you would see her eyes shining with pride and joy. She would proudly show off Kyle's achievements to us and we can't help but feel happy that Minnie is one lucky mom to have a son like Kyle. (I guess it's vice versa as well)


Personality wise... Minnie and I both love to laugh... and more often than not... we like making fun of people and ourselves. wehehehe Only here in Malaysia have I made fun of myself a couple of times. I guess when you're with Minnie... one thing you'll have is "kapal ng mukha". But rest assured you'll definitely enjoy the whole tripping thing even if it means embarrassing yourself once, twice.... more than thrice.

I guess I've said more than what needs to be said. hehehe Since my housemate is a little picture fanatic... I will let the pictures speak for themselves as to the kind of person... and the kind of housemate that Minnie is. I can only be thankful that she became not only my housemate but also a lifelong friend.

To My Dear Housemate,

Thank you for the year that you've shared with me. I will never forget the laughter, tears and numerous misadventures we've had this past year. I'm looking forward to more of these as we tackle another year here in Malaysia.

Ayan ha... pag di ka pa naiyak nyan ewan ko na lang.... ang hirap magplano ng blog noh at mangulit ng tao. hahaha

Anyways.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

~ Gen

No comments: